Last updated: December 2018
CROWN INDUSTRIES® respects all customers and is therefore committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction are achieved and maintained. As part of that commitment, CROWN includes the protection of your privacy and the security of your personal and/or commercial information.
CROWN abides by the Australian Privacy Principles as outlined in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and makes all endeavours to maintain conduct which is in alignment with all other privacy legislation, as enacted from time to time.
Included as part of the CROWN policy is the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for persons located in the European Union.
2. During the course of assisting you, CROWN may request certain information from you which is required in order to provide you with the product and/or service outcome which you seek. Such information may include the following:
Residential/Business/ Delivery/Invoice Addresses
Credit Card Details
3. If you are accessing CROWN products and services via www.crownindustries.com.au, we may collect information which includes the IP address of your computer (or other devices), your web browsing history on our website and transactional data which includes your payment history with us.
4. CROWN does not collect sensitive information such as information about your ethnic origin, religious or political views or health information etc.
Credit card details:
5. CROWN does not store any Credit Card information obtained from you regardless of the manner by which you used your Credit Card to pay for products or services (i.e. by telephone, via www.crownindustries.com.au or via any other means). Your Credit Card details are used for the sole purpose of transacting and those details are not accessible by CROWN after the transaction is complete (including where a transaction may fail).
7. CROWN retains only the last 4 digits of your Credit Card number for the purpose of verification of your Credit Card, on delivery. In some instances, CROWN may request a copy of your driver's licence and Credit Card to confirm delivery in the event you are not going to be at home or in the even that the products have been purchased as a gift. We do this to ensure your transaction is not fraudulent.
8. This information is destroyed as soon as its accuracy is confirmed.
The collection of personal information:
9. CROWN collects personal information directly from you when you:
submit your information online at www.crownindustries.com.au
submit your information via email
utilise our Live Chat facility
provide your details over the phone or via facsimile
provide your details in person
10. CROWN may also obtain information from publicly available sources or third parties, such as via our business partners where we are responsible for delivering goods or services directly to you, or social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter.
11. You have the option of not disclosing personal information to us or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to a particular matter, unless it is, in our view, impractical for us to deal with you that way or we are otherwise required by law or authorised by a court or tribunal to deal you on an identified basis.
CROWN'S use of your information:
12. CROWN will use your information specifically for the purpose of servicing your requirements. Such requirements will include (but are not limited to):
Proving products and services (including warranty and repair services)
Responding to requests for information
Forecasting your future needs for our products and services;
keep a record of our dealings with each other and enable us to contact you when necessary;
develop a data profile to enable us to tailor our services to you; or
(where applicable) conduct competitions and promotions in which you participated.
13. CROWN may also use your personal information for purposes required by lawful authorities, such as to prevent or investigate alleged crime or fraud.
14. CROWN may, from time to time, use your information in order to make you aware of sales, promotions, competitions, new products and services on offer or any other information which we believe will be of interest you.
15. By supplying CROWN with your information, you give CROWN permission to communicate with you via email, SMS, MMS, social media and/or telephone to inform you about our products and/or services on offer.
16. This permission is not limited in time unless you choose to opt out by contacting us or by "unsubscribing" to a communication we send to you
Disclosure of personal information:
18. Additionally, CROWN may disclose your personal information to third party organisations which assist CROWN in the delivery of CROWN products and/or services. Examples of such third party organisations include (but are not limited to):
Product Servicing Agents (warranty and standard repairs)
Financial services providers, such as our bank or third party supplier for securing payment of the products or services we provided to you, (including PayPal, and where applicable Credit Report Agencies or Debt Collectors)
Technology service providers including fraud prevention agencies
CROWN corporate advisers (Accountant, Lawyers and Insurers etc)
19. CROWN requires such third party organisations to maintain your personal information as confidential and seeks to ensure that they adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles and any other relevant privacy rules and legislation as enacted from time to time, including the EU GDPR.
20. CROWN's service providers are not permitted to use customer personal information for their own marketing purposes.
21. In addition, CROWN may release your personal information under the following circumstances:
When required to do so under applicable laws or regulations (for example, a subpoena)
When requested by a government agency
Where CROWN reasonably believes a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent (or other criminal) activity
23. If you reject cookies, your ability to use some features on the CROWN website may be limited.
25. CROWN has no control over or access to the tracking technology itself.
26. If the event that you provide a review or rating for a CROWN product or service, regardless of the means by which you provide your review (with the exception of by word), you agree that we may publish part or all of your review together with your first name, city and country.
Information disclosed publicly:
27. CROWN uses social media and other platforms which allow for interaction between users with the appropriate level(s) of access.
28. If you post your personal information on such publicly accessible platforms, your personal information will become publicly available (subject to, where applicable, any privacy settings you have in place in social media platforms). CROWN will not be responsible for the protection of personal information provided under these circumstances.
29. CROWN takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
30. CROWN has systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever your information is collected, stored and used or disclosed in accordance with this policy.
31. CROWN reviews procedures on a regular basis to ensure security measures are maintained and up-to-date.
32. All CROWN Employees (and Contractors) are required to sign the CROWN "Commitment to Company Confidentiality" as part of the their employment (or contracting) obligations. So, although all reasonable measures are taken by CROWN to protect your information, CROWN cannot guarantee that your personal information is totally protected, for example, from hackers or misuse.
33. CROWN takes all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information from CROWN's systems as it is no longer required.
Your access to your information held by CROWN:
34. Should you wish to gain an understanding of the your information held by CROWN, please make contact with us and we will provide you with your information. In the event that you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, please let us know immediately. However, in order to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections of your personal information.
Please contact crown:
36. Should you have a complaint, our resolution process will ensure your situation is dealt with, within 5 business days.