Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions
How do I clean the inside of my urn?
Most hot water urns collect water born particles on the inside surfaces of the urn, which can have an effect on the taste as well as being harmful to the heating element and outlet faucet operation.
1. Fill your urn to the desired water level (no less than 1/3 full).
2. Sprinkle approximately 75 grams of CROWN Stainless Steel Urn Cleaner into the water.
3. Bring to the boil and maintain the boil for 10 minutes.
4. Allow the water to cool to a manageable temperature.
5. Fill a cup/mug/jug from the urn tap and then tip that water into the sink.
6. Unplug the urn.
7. Pour out the urn water using a swirling motion.
8. Rinse the urn interior with cold water.
9. Go back to using your urn as per normal.
NOTE: If your urn is still not clean, follow the instructions for a second time but this time, allow the water to cool and sit for 2 hours. With the urn unplugged and the water cool enough, give the inside of the urn a scrub with a standard dishwashing cloth (NO STEEL WOOL). Rinse with cold water and go back to using your urn as per normal.
How often do I add water to my food steamer during operation?
1. Fill to just below the basket so the food is not sitting in the water.
How much water should be used in the bottom of the food and soup kettles?
Fill to the fill-line or until touching the bottom of the insert bowl.
Do I need to replace the whole tap assembly on my urn or boiling water unit?
In most circumstances, the answer is no. You only need to replace the whole tap assembly if:
How do I replace a broken water level tube on my urn?
1. Unscrew the broken off threaded piece inside the square elbow with a small bladed screw driver pushed into the plastic and turn in an anticlockwise direction until the broken piece comes out completely.